Sat, Sep 30|
LB Sake Day
An outdoor, afternoon, Sake Festival celebrating World Sake Day. Like a beer festival, but with Sake!
Time & Location
Sep 30, 12:00 PM – 5:00 PM
Long Beach, 4600 Virginia Rd, Long Beach, CA 90807, USA
About the event
LB Sake Day is a chance for you to connect to Japan and celebrate World Sake Day with your fellow Sake Lovers!
Come try dozens of Craft Sake brewed in Japan AND locally, along with food and Japanese light bites like Drinking Buddy Artisan Snacks.
Celebrate the history of Sake and deepen your understanding of the breadth and depth of flavors Sake can offer.
Put down the text books and learn about Sake the fun way, by sampling and discussing Sake with experts and afficionados from all over!
Sake Secret, the newest and only Sake Specialty Store in L.A. County has teamed up with Craft Beer LB to recreate the matsuri atmosphere of a classic Japanese Sake Festival at the beautiful and historic venue, Rancho Los Cerritos in Long Beach, California.
What you'll get:
VIP Ticket holders will be able to enter the venue at Noon - a full hour before general admission.
Be first to taste any limited-supply and special Sake our vendors will bring just for you
Get a jump on all the other Sake and food on offer!
General Admission ticket holders will be able to join in the fun at 1pm.
Everyone will get to taste all of the Sake on offer using your one-of-kind LB Sake Day commemorative O-Choko (traditional Ceramic Sake Cup) featuring our new mascot, Kanpai, until 5pm
Confirmed breweries and notable Sake to look out for:
- Nova Brewing Co. - Locally brewed Namazake!
- Meet the President of Kikkawa Jozo in Kanagawa Japan and taste 5 of his Afuri-brand Muroka Nama Genshu!
- SakeHigh! Classic Junmai Sake from Kyoto
- HeavenSake signature blends from Japanese breweries
- Junmai Daiginjo, and Yuzu Sake Nigori (cloudy) from Nihon Sakari
- Nigori (cloudy) and Taru (cedar cask-aged) Sake from Kikumasamune
- Kimoto Junmai, Tokubestsu Junmai, and Sparkling Sake from Otokoyama
- A Full line of fruited Junmai and Ginjo Sake from Okunomatsu
- Daiginjo and Nigori Sake by Kurosawa
- Hatsumago Junmai
- Mitobe Brewery's Yamagata Masamune "Inazo" (Rice Elephant)
- Fukuda Brewery's Nagasaki Bijin
- Yamawa Brewery's "For Oysters"
- Abekan Brewery's Tokubetsu Junmai
- MoonBloom Sake by female owned and brewed Wakabayashi Jozo
- Chiyo Kotobuki Toraya Tora no Ko (Tiger Cub)
- High-end and Nama (unpasteurized) Sake from Rokkasen, including Temahima
- Shichi Hon Yari Nama Junmai
- Izumo Fuji Brewery's Junmai Ginjo
- Wataribune Brewery's JOTO brand Junmai Ginjo
- Nama and Sparkling Sake from Marumoto Brewery
Confirmed Food Vendors:
- Drinking Buddy Gourmet Japanese Snacks
- Wagyu Street (Opening at LBX, Feb. 2024!)
- Kagura Katsu Sando
- Chinchikurin Hiroshima-Style Okonomiyaki
- Torisho Karaage (Japanese fried chicken)
But WAIT, there's more!
- Love something you taste? Pre-sales will be available on all of the Sake at the festival for pick-up at: Sake Secret, 460 Pine Ave., Long Beach, CA 90802
- You will also be able to get exclusive merchandise from Craft Beer LB.
- Want to take *Guided Tours* of Japan? PacSet Travel will also be on site to help you with all your Japan Travel needs.
- Need a break from Sake? Okinawan-brewed Orion Beer will also be pouring samples
This is a 21+ only event.
Proceeds benefit Rancho Los Cerritos (RLC). By purchasing a ticket, you authorize us to share your information with RLC.
The VISION of Rancho Los Cerritos is to inspire curiosity and respect for the past, to enrich understanding of the present, to develop excitement for the future, and to connect people with community, history, and culture.
The MISSION of Rancho Los Cerritos is to restore and preserve the structure and grounds; collect appropriate resources; and interpret the relationship of the Rancho’s diverse peoples, from Native American times through the 1940s and the development of the Long Beach area.